Job Search and Follow-Up
Preparatory workshops for jobs are provided during individual meetings in order to prepare our client for integrating the job market and keeping their jobs for a prolonged period of time. Our clients have access to a multi-services room with equipment essential to job search (computers connected to the Internet, photocopier, fax, phone, bulletin boards, and job magazines) in order to search for a job in an organized manner.
Several services are provided to our clients :
- Assessment of the needs by a job counsellor
- Professional or academic orientation based on the criminal record
- Initiation to job search methods and techniques
- Initiation to the use of Internet and basic notions of MS Office
- Development of good job search and worker’s abilities
- Drafting of a curriculum vitae and a cover letter
- Job counselling and job interview simulation
- Help to go back to school or make a career choice
- Access to an up-to-date database of employers
- Job follow-up for a sustainable social reintegration
- Referral to Emploi-Québec’s various programs
- Referral to partner organizations, if needed
- Referral of clients to hiring employers
- Information about the job market and the "hidden job market"
- Mediation between the employer and the employee when in dispute
- Identification of interests, abilities and transferable skills
- Guidance counsel for career choice or education
- Free assistance for criminal record suspension requests (pardon)
- Information on the impacts of a criminal record
- Assistance and résumé review services
- Continued support from our team during and after the provision of services
- Free, fast and confidential services
The clients who receive services from the CPSP benefit from a 3-month participation period. During that time, our job counsellors work together with the client to help them with finding a job. The participation period may be extended or renewed for a second 3-month period.
If a client gets a job, a phone follow-up or organized meetings are made for an additional 3 months to determine whether or not the client is satisfied with his new workplace. If not, they are encouraged to meet with their counsellor in order to find alternative solutions. As a result, a full participation with a client may span up to 6 months.
In terms of job integration, several solutions are available for every type of job being sought (full time, part time, seasonal, casual, temporary), and in various occupational fields (services and retail, maintenance, repair, building, various manual tasks, administrative work, etc.)