Support Service : A positive Reality
The CPSP is Quebec’s only specialized employability organisation with a community liaison officer position. This officer plays a key role in the inmate population’s liberation. They support former inmates so they can benefit from the CPSP’s specialized employability services, and from the various organizations that can help them through their progress towards job market reintegration. The community liaison officer helps the client with completing the action plan developed by the detention job counsellor.
The services offered to former inmates by the liaison officer include the following :
- Accompanying the inmates to the probation office;
- Process, and accompanying the inmates to the income security offices;
- House hunting and food banks;
- Referring the client to organizations that can help them meet certain needs or obtain certain identity papers; and
- Accompanying the inmates to the CPSP’s specialized employability service to continue the clients’ social reintegration process.
These services are much appreciated by the recipients because they feel supported through their process, and don’t have to face difficulties encountered after their release on their own.